I'm afraid you need to set a little bit of time aside for this, certainly not something to do last minute due to the need for some of the ingredients to cool down.
So, what do you need to make this salad?
- 1.5-2.5 kg potatoes
- 3 cups petits pois
- 1 big carrot
- 1 apple (Granny Smith)
- 8 gherkins
- 3 eggs
- 150g tin of ham
- Some pickled silver-skin onions
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, and some to garnish
- 5 tablespoons salad cream (I never said it was healthy)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- some paprika powder to garnish
And here is how to make the salad:
- Peel, cut and boil the potatoes in a large pan.
- Dice the carrot and boil with the petits pois.
- Boil 3 eggs (hard boiled).
- Once the potatoes have been boiled, mash them up, add the mayonnaise and salad cream with the cinnamon and nutmeg (and salt if wished) and mix.
- Peel, core and dice the apple.
- Dice 5 gherkins (the other 3 are for garnishing).
- Dice the ham.
- Add the apple, gherkins, ham and boiled carrots and petits pois to the potato mix and mix in with it.
- Put the salad in a large bowl and it's time to start garnishing it.
- Peel and slice the eggs and put them on top of the salad.
- Part slice the 3 remaining gherkins and put them on top of the salad.
- Add the silver-skinned onions.
- Put a little bit of mayonnaise on top of the egss and sprinkle this with the paprika powder.
- Your salad is ready, put it in the fridge to cool down and keep cool till your barbecue.
Hope you'll have a lovely day everyone, the weather is absolutely gorgeous! Have a great weekend!